Sunday, October 30, 2011

Our Lil Angry Bird

Julian is currently obsessed with all things Angry Birds! So when I asked him what did he want to be for Halloween he did not even think twice..he said the black Angry Bird. When I searched our local Halloween stores and online shops all costumes were SOLD OUT! I did find some on Ebay for $175..

Image via Child Costumes

BUT I could not bring myself to spend that much money (yikes!) and there was one little problem..the costume design. I was so worried Julian would not wear it because of his sensory issues. I love the costume but I don’t think that HE would have liked the way it wrapped around his head. I asked him if he would consider another costume..but he said NOPE.


I was giving up all hope..until I found Jen’s Etsy shop Squirmy Worms. She was sold out too, but I sent her a convo..begging her to please make ONE more. She was sooo sweet and agreed! Cannot tell you how grateful I am! The costume is BEYOND perfect and he LOVES it! You must check out her shop she has the cutest diaper treats and special baby shower gifts!


Here is our Lil Angry Bird at his school Halloween parade on Friday..he was a little overwhelmed by all the costumes and change of schedule..he literally was an Angry Bird..hehe. But he did enjoy it towards the end .


I also found a mask at the Softie Cafe Etsy shop. He could not wear it to school, but will wear it for Halloween. Keeping my fingers crossed!

And yes that is an Angry Bird Pumpkin he is holding! Can’t take credit for this super cute idea. Staci at Lizard and Ladybug made the most adorable Angry Bird pumpkins ever..check out her post here. Julian stole..I am sorry borrowed her idea!

For his classroom treats I cheated (gasp!)..they are not handmade by mama. It was a super busy week and had to think of a plan B. I was so happy when found these adorably spooky containers at Michaels. I filled them with candy corn and added a special Happy Halloween tag made especially for our little Angry Bird fan!


So are you ready for tomorrow? Are you a last minute queen like me? Do you have a lil Angry Bird Fan too? And need some Happy Halloween Angry Bird inspired tags??! If so... download your free printables here!

Have a Safe and Happy Halloween,
Claudia

3 comments:

  1. That is SO cute! What a clever idea and can't believe they were selling for that much $$$!

    Happy Halloween to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!!
    Totally using those tags for something last minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies : ) Happy Hallowen to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin